Happily (and sometimes unhappily) hacking Ocaml. Today I had a problem with the Ocaml binding for gsl that took me about 6 hours to fix. Now it is done!
I keep up with the idea of rewriting Durin in Ocaml. My (inefficiently coded) Perl code is about 40 times slower. Running a set of experiments was about 1 day and a half in a cluster of 20 computers. The Ocaml version is about two ours on my desktop computer. Anyhow, I still have some problems to write Ocaml code that looks clean and easily readable.
After meeting Marcus Hutter in Padova, I got interested in his theory of universal artificial intelligence. I have ordered the book and in order to prepare for it I am reading An Introduction to Kolmogorov Complexity and Its Applications.