I wrote earlier about task management, and chatting about it with Kees and Mike Day.
One of the aspects I'm interested in is generalizing a list of tasks that implement something, and having those 'procedures' be published in a way that lets people add to them. I've set up an OpenProcedures Wiki for doing this.
Inkscape Senior Projects
Ted posted an idea for an SVG difference tool as a project for college students to do with Inkscape. Here's some other projects that I think might be useful to consider:
- Adding Chatroom capabilities to Inkview
- Expanding on the Inkview code to make it into a more powerful presentation tool
- Creating a framework for testing the rendering capabilities of a variety of SVG applications.
- Create more Inkscape Extensions
- Multi-page editing
- Add SVG import capability to OpenOffice.org
There are more detailed writeups of the above in the Inkscape feature request tracker, or drop me an email.