regmap updates in 3.3
After the rush of new features in version 3.2 this has been a fairly quiet cycle for the regmap API, the main change being the wider usage by drivers. In terms of development of the subsystem itself this release sees:
- Introduction of a generic interrupt controller for regmap based devices, this is already used by a few drivers with more coming.
- Support for 10 bit register 14 bit value devices.
- Removal of the indexed cache type – devices which would have used it should use rbtree instead. If anything the rbtree cache is expected to be faster for small devices as where registers are grouped together into blocks it will usually be cheaper to search the rbtree.
- Some improvements to the coverage of the tracepoints..
- Diagnostics showing the number and size of nodes in an rbtree cache.