Long time no update.
Here's what's been happening:
- My personal J2ME projects haven't gotten much attention lately, but I'll come back to them sometime soon.
- I gave up trying to follow the ant-dev mailing list. There was too much traffic and I wasn't using Ant enough for it to be worthwhile for me. I think that I'd be better off working on a smaller project.
- I've got an idea for a Scrabble-related toy program that won't do anything useful but might be fun and educational. I'd originally planned to do it in Perl, but Java might be the better tool.
- I've started playing with the Movable Type blogging system and learning about how CSS layout works now that browsers implement most of it properly.
- I passed the Java Programmer certification exam. The exam itself was challenging, but the real value was the studying process. It forced me to pick up a lot of things that I'd avoided up to that point because they seemed difficult or messy.
- I've gotten hooked on LiveJournal and am thinking about building my own client or helping out with someone else's, but migrating my weblog from Blogger to Movable Type is my first priority.
- I did some copy editing for the third issue of The Perl Review.