So... first post in my blog.
To sum up what I'm involved with, I'm head of project for PiTiVi a non-linear editor (NLE) that uses GStreamer as it's multimedia framework. This project was started as an "end-of-studies project" at the french IT I study in : EPITECH, but it will be carried on after the end of my studies (which'll be march 2005, yeah!).
In the past few days we've gone through the make install/dist/distcheck procedure for PiTiVi. I think we got most of it working, it'll take trials on other platforms/configuration to know if it really works.
I've also started making a list of the GStreamer plugins we use in the NLE, how "well" we can use them, and what the eventual problems are. The list is here. As I encounter new problems/bugs I'll update that list.