Is a day job necessary for a startup owner?
Whether or not to keep a day job while venturing out on a startup is a key question for many entrepreneurs. Startup owners, in my opinion, should find/keep a day-job until investors are found or the startup starts becoming expectedly profitable. Some good reads on the web:
- 10 Reasons to Keep Your Day Job
- 20 Things Not to Do Before Starting A Busines
- Entrepreneur – You don’t have to quit your day job
- Pearls or Wisdom – You Dont Have to Quit Your Day Job
- Dan Grossman – Go to college and get a job
- Business Start-up Success – launch your business on a part-time basis then go full-time when profits will sustain
- TrackSuit CEO – Entrepreneurs: Don’t Quit Your Day Job
- To make your startup a success, keep your day job
- MoneyAside – Don’t Ditch your Day Job at Business Startup
- Tony Wright – Half-assed Startup – How to Start your Company and Keep Your Day Job
- Venture Hacks -Half-Assed Startup: Start your company and keep your day job
- Ron Conway Thinks You Should Keep Your Day Job
- Stack Overflow – When should you leave your day job to open a start-up?
- Paul Graham – How not to Die
- Guy Kawasaki -Nine Questions to Ask a Startup
- Why do most new start-up businesses go bust ?
- BootStrapMe -Don’t keep your day job?
- GapingVoid – Ignore Everybody (keep your day job) , The Sex and Cash Theory (keep your day job)