Argh, procrastination is a wonderful thing. I got sent a patch for xhippo to make it redirect output from players to /dev/null, which will probably go in at the weekend when I've actually got some time. Tried to build Interbase with no success; it seems to assume that you have the binaries already there. Added MWM decoration hint support to decklin's aewm, to make gkrellm work correctly; I'd also like to have borderless rxvts (for running log displays), so either I'd have to make rxvt use MWM hints, or I'd need to add name matching to aewm (the preferred option, because I know the aewm codebase rather better than I know rxvt).
I'm also juggling ideas for a DPS-like minimal window system---programs connect to the server and upload little bits of FORTH or Scheme code to be executed (so you can declare a "button" word, for example, and then everything will use it). I'll probably use SDL as a backend; it's quite pleasant to program for. The alternative approach would be to have a framebuffer in shared memory, so programs just need to write to it to draw their windows (you have a library which handles deciding which bits need to be redrawn).
Got a new 30G IBM hard disk, which I've put reiserfs on. Nice and quick. Hope reiserfs gets merged soon. Built 2.4.0-test6 last night; the only thing that got broken this time was umsdos, which I don't use anyway.
I'm also considering releasing webget, which is an offline web-browsing system that I've been using for the last couple of years; I have a Python CGI script which rewrites the downloaded pages so that following the links within them causes them to be added to the queue, and a threaded Python program that downloads the queued pages. I need to package it up and write some manuals, though, as it's rather scrappy at the moment.