My GUP to-do list
- 1st decent draft of notification area guidelines (I have one in a HIG bug, but I need to go over it, comments made on it, and Mark's proposal that seems to have slipped from view.)
- 2nd draft of Notification Area Preferences proposal
- 2nd draft of window list proposal
- 3rd draft of Find and Replace dialogs proposal
- Draft power management control panel proposal (The one on Windows really sucks. It's something to avoid.)
- Draft language/input/keyboard control panel proposal
- Check the HIG bugs and maybe do something about them.
- Maybe knock off a few UI reviews. Maybe my hair is short enough now so that I can't pull it all out. (Mumble something about not being able to grab a scrap from a garbage can and say, "No. Like this.")
- Finally take the time to write the big frickin' huge document describing a complete user model for the GNOME which I could present in person on a napkin. (Curse the lack of "Oh, I get it!"-cues. Bemoan the state of the non-(but should be)-obvious)
- Think of more things to put on this list to make the point that even though I suffer from recurrent major depression and, at the moment, post traumatic stress disorder, I am doing something other than complaining and cursing the broken 'B' key on my laptop.
Other software to-do's
- Think of a better name than "WordSense" for my WordNet interface. (It's better than the first name: gwordnet)
- Write libgwn so I don't have to depend on libwn
- Just pick one of the possible APIs to the X-selection-based remote control, and finish the damn thing.
- Figure out how to auto-tool-ize it so people don't whine about my handwritten Makefile
- Release the damn thing this time
- Curse more in code comments so I don't do it on to-do lists