Has anyone successfully installed any flavor of Linux on an ASUS Rampage IV Extreme with an Intel Core i7 3960 (3300) processor?
I have done with Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.
1. All 6 cores of the CPU work.
2. All 16 Gb of memory accessible
3. USB works
4. No problem with SATA hard drives.
5. GeForce GTX 560 Ti that I use for graphics is alive.
7. Network requires e1000e-1.9.5 driver, google for it.
8. Azalia audio is not even visibe from Linux, use PCI-Express or USB sound.
9. The only working sensors are CPU temperature core sensors but only from kernel 3.0.0 and after loading coretemp.
The card seems thinking a lot before booting the operating system, so do expect to demonstrate lightning fast startup times. However when one booted it is fast.