Merged the DRM to FreeBSD CVS, which revealed one bug (fixed now), but also apparently fixed at least one bug that's been around a while. Now there's just one last bug with KDE, but that one's going to take some doing to squash.
I haven't been this excited about a project in a long time. From his descriptsions, Keith Packard's experimental X Server project is doing a lot of things right. It won't have anywhere near the hardware compatibility that XFree86 does, but I'm willing to accept that if we can make a maintainable X Server which implements features that have been demanded for ages, in a clean manner. My main interest is getting it running on FreeBSD (this is going to require packaging up a lot of the fd.o xlibs packages, which I want to do anyway, and at least vm86 support for bios calls), getting glx in it, and maybe DRI if I can squeeze the time in between working and doing the minimal amount of studying.
It required as its basis a diff from another committer to have the linux DRM probe based on PCI IDs. That one ran into troubles because pci_driver type attachment is exclusive. So, if radeonfb had attached to your radeon, the DRM didn't get a chance to. Using old-style attachment it shouldn't be an issue, though. Given that I just changed the DRM over to old-style attachment on linux, I sure hope so.
DRI/DRM plans for the next week or so include vblank syncing support for 3dfx and/or sis, 64-bit cleanliness in the sis interfaces, lobotomizing some of the ioctls that are related to the DRM not being attached to a specific device, and merging the DRM to FreeBSD-current.
Committed various cleanups to the FreeBSD DRM in DRI CVS. Part of work on doing SMPNG locking of the DRM. Also committed Keith Whitwell's patches for allowing attaching of DRM to i8xx devices to the DRM and AGP devices.
Spent some time Monday looking at port fixes. Fixed some build errors on glide3 with new gcc (still need to figure out the automake issues with the new version of glide3). Also need to figure out why glean's texEnv test has decided to start crashing on me after I built it from ports. It's not my patch to the texEnv test causing it, though.
New HTML Parser: The long-awaited libxml2 based HTML parser code is live. It needs further work but already handles most markup better than the original parser.
Keep up with the latest Advogato features by reading the Advogato status blog.
If you're a C programmer with some spare time, take a look at the mod_virgule project page and help us with one of the tasks on the ToDo list!