Committed various cleanups to the FreeBSD DRM in DRI CVS. Part of work on doing SMPNG locking of the DRM. Also committed Keith Whitwell's patches for allowing attaching of DRM to i8xx devices to the DRM and AGP devices.
Spent some time Monday looking at port fixes. Fixed some build errors on glide3 with new gcc (still need to figure out the automake issues with the new version of glide3). Also need to figure out why glean's texEnv test has decided to start crashing on me after I built it from ports. It's not my patch to the texEnv test causing it, though.
Ports are unfrozen, which is nice. Fixed a package building error in XFree86-4-Server. Committed various fixes submitted for XFree86-4-Server-snap, and pushed patches upstream. Still to do: the mesa-demos port, my libglut port and mesagl update, and I need to finish the glean port. I tried to update the Glide port after the new glide.sf.net release, but yet again automake is giving me errors that I don't know what to do with.
The initial output was an intimidating list of FAIL messages. However, the tests have been incredibly useful. It's led me to get quake3 fixed, fix frontbuffer scissoring, fix subpixel x/y offsets (fixes gaps between triangles), partially fix readpixels, and fix mipmapping. It still has issues in the following tests: blendFunc (minor), maskedClear, paths, polygonOffset, readPixSanity (24-bit depth and stencil issues), exactRGBA, and texEnv.
Finally committed the XFree86-4-Server-snap port, which is the server part of the 126.96.36.199 development snapshot. I'm now using that with the new DRI CVS layered over the top. Very nice on the 8500, so far. Committed and MFCed a typo fix to the Intel AGP code from the most detailed problem report I've ever handled -- the submitter looked at the current code, the FreeBSD 4.6 code, the linux equivalent of that code, and tested all variations, with just-short-of-patches included. Plus the testing involved starting XFree86 many times to reproduce the bug. I also spent a significant portion of the night talking with Silby about a problem with my Via Rhine onboard nic and how to debug them. The debug printfs unfortunately/fortunately seem to have suppressed the issue, though.
New HTML Parser: The long-awaited libxml2 based HTML parser code is live. It needs further work but already handles most markup better than the original parser.
Keep up with the latest Advogato features by reading the Advogato status blog.
If you're a C programmer with some spare time, take a look at the mod_virgule project page and help us with one of the tasks on the ToDo list!