A very productive day for coding. I got a lot of coding done for a menu system for tux4kids games. It should help with using themes and specifying options for games like tuxtype and tuxmath. Both of which only have command line switches as the only way to specify options. The menu system is in SDL, so it is interesting getting them both to work (both meaning the sdl menu, and sdl game it will launch). I will probably actually recode the entire thing from scratch. It is fairly klunky, but it works!
Found a few problems in tuxtype, but they must not be that critical as they have existed for a long time (and they are with regards to a patch I wrote to allow keyboard movement through menus). It should be easy to patch. I basically move the mouse cursors to specific coords based on keyboard input, but I specifed those coords relative to 0,0 being the upper corner of our SDL_Surface screen, not the actual screen. It works if it is in window mode, but in full screen mode, the 0,0 in the SDL_Surface screen is not the 0,0 coord on the real screen. So I need to figure out the real coord of the corner of the SDL_Surface screen and do some addition and it will be fixed ;) This bug affects all platforms that tuxtype runs on.
Speaking of platforms, I have tuxtype and tuxmath running fairly well on mac. I had no way of checking if the port of tuxmath was working correct until I tested it for the first time under linux, and my port works on everything but it doesn't blit the backgrounds... Not sure yet. I haven't booted into mac to code, since I spent all day in debianppc coding the tuxmenu (or whatever the heck it will become).
Since it is 4:30am (or so), I should hit the sack.