Recent blog entries for andreas

I tried myself at a Ciphersaber implementation in Dylan. Nothing hard there, except that I triggered a bug in the macro system, which I'm too tired to fix right now. Has to wait until tomorrow...

Yesterday in the night I made threads in Gwydion Dylan work, at least sort of. Now I have to find a way to implement thread-local variables, write standards-compliant wrappers for threads and mutexes, and last, but not least, modify the build system to recognize the platforms where threads are available.

Also, it seems that I've found the bug in the .spec file that was responsible for the broken RPMs. You'd guess someone would tell me that they are broken a little earlier.

I've made utah-glx, a hardware-accelerated OpenGL implementation, work on my Wallsteet Powerbook. I used that opportunity to make gdgl, an OpenGL binding for Gwydion Dylan work with utah-glx. That means I now have accelerated 3D graphics with Dylan on my Powerbook!

New Advogato Features

New HTML Parser: The long-awaited libxml2 based HTML parser code is live. It needs further work but already handles most markup better than the original parser.

Keep up with the latest Advogato features by reading the Advogato status blog.

If you're a C programmer with some spare time, take a look at the mod_virgule project page and help us with one of the tasks on the ToDo list!