14 Oct 2011 amits   » (Journeyer)

FUDCon Pune 2011 F2F Meeting Minutes: 13 Oct


Names in bold have action items against them; please follow up with me / Rahul on progress.

From http://openetherpad.org/ep/pad/view/fudcon-pune-planning/8hnDjIyKnH

13 Oct 2011

Attendees: Amit Shah, Rahul Sundaram, Kashyap Chamarthy, PJP, Saleem Ansari, Shakthi Kannan, Anurag Patel, Satya, Murty, Shreyank, Ramki

  • Design
    • Add COEP, Red Hat logos to banners before printing
    • Suchakra on it
  • Booklet
    • Ankur Sinha on it
    • Welcome letter from Jared received
    • Aiming for completion by this weekend (Oct 16)
  • Call for localisations -- translations of blog posts?
  • Website - Saleem
    • Upgrade tier on hosting - site gets unavailable often
    • To blog about new site and registration / talk submisison there.
  • Catering
    • the places for stalls are identified within COEP campus
    • cucoon requested for an extra room to keep the MRP items as they called them, they don't want to carry things back and forth for 3 days
    • Cucoon wants to setup Staellite Kitchen
      • For heating food
    • TODO: send them a final menu
      • PJP to do this ASAP
    • Setup Coupons for Speaker Lunches
      • Another item for printing
       
  •  Wifi and power supply at COEP - Shreyank
    • the only power points the audi has are near the stage
    • and they have only 2 wifi access points in there.. so they say at max 30 people can be accommodated
    • wifi repeaters/routers -- 30K ~ cost -- Get back to this.
    • the rooms mostly have power points on both sides. Though we'll need the longer extension cords along with the power strips -- We have 14
    • 15 amps junction box -- Mr. Murthy will take a look at it on Saturday.
  • Inauguration ceremony
    • Some traditional welcome and opening for the event
    • Talk from the director
    • Begins at 8
  • TODO on staurday at COEP
    • Electricity checks - Shrink + Murty
    • Wifi Router/ Repeater checks -- Ensure things are working
      • Shrink: ensure there's a wifi signal in the rooms we will be allotted.  This makes sure we only need repeaters / signal boosters or if we need to add routers too.
    • Identify banner sites and sizes to be printed depending on the locations. - Rahul
    • Posters need to be put around the campus
    • Check for viability and setup place for satellite kitchen - PJP + Murty
    • Meet Volunteer team; get them all together once for briefing - pick a suitable time - Rahul
  • FUDPub
    • Need to arrange commute for people from COEP -> FUDPub
    • Anurag handling FUDPub at venue
    • Volunteer team from COEP to be prepped on handling outflow of people from COEP to FUDPub venue.
      • Satya to talk to volunteer team about this
  • Tshirt
    • 15 OCT -- A sample tshirt will be provided.
  • Travel
    • Rahul will send spreadsheet info to Murthy w/ details of international people and their travel schedule.
    • Murty will arrange for cabs for Mumbai-Pune (and back) travel
  • General Volunteer team meeting
    • This saturday -- 15 OCT 2011
  • Fedora Mirror Setup
    • F15, F16, Rawhide trees are synced
    • Saturday(15-OCT) -- to check 
    • Kashyap to work w/ Rahul
  • Talks
  • As we approach final stages, we should have a draft talk schedule ready to avoid last-minute hiccups
    • Should be ready about 10 days before event
  • Coupons for 'Lunch - day 1', 'Lunch - day 2', 'Tshirt', 'Swag' printed and given to participants
    • Still under discussion for best way to do this
  • F16 release too late to produce media; instead have a computer do isotousb conversions for participants
  • countdown timer for blogs?
    • Saleem + Rahul to look at this.
  • Swag
    • Lanyard
      • ₹12 per piece from Venus traders
      • Delivered.
    • Mugs
      • Kushal to get quotes
    • Buttons
      • Kushal to pick logo
  • Registration desk - Satya
    • users need to register during FUDcon
    • Printer, power, laptop, papers and volunteers required for registration desk
    • need to have coupons for 'lunch', 'swag', etc.


  • FAD - Shakthi
  • Videographing
    • No progress -- will drop this.


Deadlines, budgets:
http://goo.gl/H91N1

---------------------------------------------------------


This is a post from http://log.amitshah.net/, licensed CC BY-SA.

Syndicated 2011-10-14 06:02:00 (Updated 2011-10-14 06:02:37) from Amit Shah

Latest blog entries     Older blog entries

New Advogato Features

New HTML Parser: The long-awaited libxml2 based HTML parser code is live. It needs further work but already handles most markup better than the original parser.

Keep up with the latest Advogato features by reading the Advogato status blog.

If you're a C programmer with some spare time, take a look at the mod_virgule project page and help us with one of the tasks on the ToDo list!