First FUDCon India meeting
A few of us at the Red Hat Pune office strolled into a conf room to discuss plans and fix responsibilities for organising the FUDCon India 2011 at Pune. It was an impromptu session; we couldn't include non-RH organisers but we kept the details to what the people present in the room have already committed to, according to the list of organizers.
We agreed on a set of action items. There are no dates attached yet; those should be discussed and decided in the next meeting. Some clarity needs to come from others; the first planning meeting on IRC scheduled for the 15th of July should shed light over those matters.
In addition to all that's listed below, we might get extra sponsorship money (in addition to the FUDCon budget) from some companies.
If there's some budget surplus, who'd like a fully-sponsored elephant ride through the city? (Or at least to the event venue?) Be quick to nominate yourself!
- All: blog about the activities you're doing. Ensure your blog is aggregated on planet.fedoraproject.org.
- (Rahul to contact other organisers to do this)
- Done: Rahul sent an email to the India list.
- Banners - Suchakra taking care of this
- Booklet - Ankur Sinha with others.
- Rahul to take part in this too
- 1st priority: get international speakers to book flights ASAP. Get them to submit 'sponsorship needed' tickets.
- 2nd priority: contact HR, get invitation letters for foreign delegates
- 3rd priority: book hotels
All these 3 depend on:
- who's coming?
- who are we sponsoring for flights/hotels (visas are self-sponsored)
- other guidelines -- should get clarified this friday on irc meet
- People not listed on talks page but will come:
- Members from the Red Hat Community Architecture team
- They will come from their own budget. Confirm if stay is also from their budget.
- Get them and their talks listed on Wiki page.
- T-shirt design: Rahul to contact design team
- Done: Rahul opened a ticket
- Videos: Ramki to contact pycon people who have offered to videograph + host videos
- Swag: Can come from Ambassadors budget, but we could put our money if we have enough sponsorships.
- FUDPub: Kushal to contact pubs.
- Lunch: Should we sponsor till a cut-off? All? Only speakers + outstation delegates?
- Only sponsor speakers + outstation delegates, have for-pay counters for everyone else. Rahul says he hasn't seen a conf where food is free.
- If we get lunch out of the budget, we can do better things for fudpub (starters in addition to one round of drinks) and swag (for more people)
- Website + online voting (for barcamp): Saleem
- Rahul to send initial mail about website to fedora advisory board.
- Done: Rahul sent initial mail.
- Hotels + logistics: Satya + Murty
- Get quotes
- Book as soon as we know number of int'l / non-Pune delegates who we are sponsoring
- We could book for people who are staying on their own budget, eg., self-sponsored delegates / speakers.
- Food/catering: PJP
- multiple options
- boxed set
- explore both for two days. 3rd day will be paid for by individuals (or adjusted if budget permits).
- Check with COEP if they can keep canteens open for all three days
- To check with COEP - Logistics team + Rahul
- infrastructure - wireless
- canteens remaining open for all 3 days
- stalls for food allowed near conf rooms?
- set up a fedora mirror
- Barcamp voting
- Need to have printers, stationery at site on first day.
- Stick schedule per room and per day on each room.
- Possibly display schedule on projector
- Suggestion: Have 2-3 keynotes (talks w/o parallel tracks) on first day and ask participants to vote online or on a board somewhere before breaking for lunch. This can reduce confusion.
- Fudcons generally have 4 parallel tracks
- Keep a schedule ready 2 days before event; minor changes allowed after voting on first day.