Weekend is marvellous to advance in projects and I finally found time to complete the alpha 0.7 Work plan (details) for the Planner Evolution backend. For now, I think all data than can be shared between Evo and Planner is shared. I have test all the fields from Evolution task and from Planner task and it seems to interop correctly. I have updated the Testing results for this alpha release and create the Work plan for next release. Working with Planner and Evolution libraries is great, things work as expected and you can concentrate yourself in doing the valued added work, make the integration as soft as complete as possible.
Next to alpha 0.8 release I will publish the first beta of the backend. I will start to push the backend in developers so they test it because I am sure some bugs are waiting to bite us. So the target for 0.8 is to simplify the compile and install process so other developers can play with the beast.
Talking with Rodrigo he has very ambitious goals: create a new backend system to manage Projects data in e-d-s. We need to create a new IDL (like calendar and contacts backends), implement it and start coding the library. Then, we need to add some support in Evo GUI to manage the data for this new backend. After the first release of the actual Planner backend, I think we will try to follow this way.
Talking with jpr, he said me the best thing to integrate the new Planner backend in the e-d-s daemon (service) will be to use the new plugin architecture. I am afraid it isn't included in e-d-s 1.0 and I have to wait some months before I can start to have real users :(
Tapia is working in a C#/Mono catalog application (sorry, it is in spanish) and he will need some support to take the user data from e-d-s. It will be great to start playing with the C# bindings for e-d-s.