Just created first XML Encrypted document using the library! Now need to decrypt it :)
Created RPM package for XMLSec library and uploaded it to
redhat. This is my first expirience building RPM packages.
The RPM spec is pretty simple and straigforward, took me
less than an hour to do everything plus write a simple
script to automate all tasks. The only thing I want to
have is a mailing list. I am not sure I want to install
Majordomo on my server. I've tried to talk with Gnome guys
about using gnome.org mailing lists server but after
requesting additional information 3 weeks ago they
disappeared. Will try to ping them again.
The weather is sucks. It's ok in the valley but on the ocean it's cold and cloudy. Buritos in "3 amigos" as usual were nice.
Merlin Hughes prepared new set of tests for XML DSig. I
tried it and one test did not work for me with a very
strange results. For 3 hours I've tried to fix it or at
least understand what the hell is going on. Wrote a message
to Merlin asking to get some intermediate results. I drove
home but did not fix a problem. At home I decided to try it
again and it worked! Quick investigation showed that I
watched wrong log file all these 3 hours :) It
was Friday. The good news is that XML Security Library
passed all tests as soon as I looked at correct file and
added manual CRLs check (it turns out that OpenSSL function
to do this has a comment "please implement me" :) ).
I've updated the package to include these changes.
New HTML Parser: The long-awaited libxml2 based HTML parser code is live. It needs further work but already handles most markup better than the original parser.
Keep up with the latest Advogato features by reading the Advogato status blog.
If you're a C programmer with some spare time, take a look at the mod_virgule project page and help us with one of the tasks on the ToDo list!