I've decided to try keeping my journal up-to-date as a way of tracking (and hopefully improving) my personal productivity. Unfortunately I had forgotten my Advogato password. But now I have it, so away I go...
This entry is really for yesterday (2000/01/16).
I spent a while trading in a plane ticket for COMDEX (which I didn't go to), for a ticket to LWCE at the end of the month.
I continued a dialogue with lmb about changing the Stonith API. We both agree it needs to change, and I think we're converging on how to change it.
I integrated multicast support into heartbeat CVS.
I integrated APC UPS support code into the Stonith subsystem, and put it under CVS.
Since other folks that I (mostly) don't know wrote these pieces of code, the only conclusion that I can draw is that this open source stuff must be working ;-).
I wrote up some release procedures for heartbeat and posted them on the web.
I got the CVS version to build correctly again after all these changes and put it on my test machines.
(I'm trying to follow my own release procedures ;-))
Things I didn't expect to do was deal with a failure of the black printhead on my HP 2000C printer (it failed about 30% into its expected life).
I dealt with some folks from Avaya, and bought someone lunch who took me to CompUSA to get the print head. I fixed the stupid printer, and helped the fellow who took me to get the print head a little as he repaired our vacuum cleaner.
Somehow my ssh setup for my labs was broken, so I needed to repair that for my test tools.
All in all, a reasonably productive day.