Okay, I finally got the release notes done for 20010708. I also managed to submit an update to freshmeat, so I guess I'm golden for this release. Though I have yet to hear from anybody whether things worked or not. In the past, silence seems to indicate that things work just fine.
On to the next release. So much TODO. I also need to spend some quality time working on the design of the first rewrite. I'm really going toward doing it in C++ (as that is what I have been doing all my work work in and I've grown quite fond of it). The last time I suggested C++ to the general geda-dev list, I took some flamage. I'm not sure what effect going to an unpopular (just public perception) lang will do to my user base (some people were positive, some indifferent, some threating a general revolt). For those that are interested, gEDA is currently written in C with guile as the scripting language. The choice of scheme as the scripting lang was probably one of my better decisions.