12 Jul 2001
(updated 12 Jul 2001 at 02:59 UTC) »
Okay, I finally got the release notes done for 20010708. I
also managed to submit an update to freshmeat, so I guess
for this release. Though I have yet to hear from anybody
whether things worked or not. In the past, silence seems to
indicate that things work just fine.
On to the next release. So much TODO. I also need to spend
quality time working on the design of the first rewrite.
going toward doing it in C++ (as that is what I have been
all my work work in and I've grown quite fond of it). The
last time I suggested C++ to the
geda-dev list, I took some flamage. I'm not sure what
going to an unpopular (just public perception) lang will do
user base (some people were positive, some indifferent, some
threating a general revolt). For those that are
interested, gEDA is
in C with guile as the scripting language. The choice of
the scripting lang was probably one of my better decisions.