Well, Paul Egli discovered EVEN MORE problems with the patch I checked in for bug #873. I fixed them.
I've been very busy studying for my finals. I took a good nap in the history final this morning, but during the physics final my physics teacher refused to allow me to borrow a calculator, and as a result, I probably did pretty poorly.
On the IRC side of things, Luke_ wrote some much-needed emacs code to move the point up one screen-line (when the lines are wrapped and you want to move up to the previous line - which emacs thinks is the same line you're on). I haven't got it to work yet.
I can't believe it's been 5 days since my last entry. I've been making an average of one commit per day to the Abi tree and thought I was documenting them here. Once I do something cool or important, I'll be sure to post an entry :). I haven't really been doing much, other than fixing issues that Paul Egli finds or participating in contraversial threads on abiword-dev, such as whether we should use STL, and whether the Insert key should be bound to turning on overwrite-mode. I say yes to the first and no to the second :). I was really supprized that samth suggested this change, since the Abi people are against templates and most other advanced features of C++. I posted that I expected "the Luddites to veto it", and the comments from AbiSource (sourcegear) actually turned out to be mostly very negative. Since Sam claimed he benckmarked the STL vector class to be 27x faster than AbiWord's internal vector implemention, I was all for the change. Since the reposonse was mostly negative, as I expected, I launched a thread about the importance of speed in desktop applications and how AbiWord feels a bit unresponsive sometimes. I was told that I was making a grave mistake by campaigning for changes that were not shown to have any visible impact, and the right thing to do is to profile the application. I will do this once I find a profiler for UNIX, as I am very inexperienced in that area.