OK so after a weeks holiday I'm bored, I wanted to spend a few hours hacking something interesting.
Browsing through the Advogato site it suddenly struck me, I could download the code to the site, and implement the password reminder functionality that a lot of people would like.
So I grabbed the latest CVS sources to mod_virgule, and started prodding.
Installation was very straightforward, and understanding the code was fairly simple too - the only area I had confusion in was the XML stuff.
Anyway.. it is done.
I've added a new checkbox to the 'login' page, "I've forgotten my password", and code to lookup your email address, and mail you your password.
How it works:
- Add an 'I forgot my password' checkbox to the login page.
- At login time look for this being set, if it is :
- Make sure the account exists - or error.
- Find the email address for the account - or error.
- Find the password for the account - or erro.
- Mail it to the user - or error.
- Inform the user the mail has been sent.
Comments are welcome, as is pointers to better ways to make the changes, and etc.
I hope this atones for my past sins ;)
Code is available: