Now I've finished http://www.steve.org.uk is up to date, and the source code to the website is stored in a mercurial repository.
No real functional changes have been made, but I've rationolized several ad-hoc bits of the site, marked areas are depreciated/unsupported where appropriate, and removed a few things that were completely broken.
I almost removed the software for Microsoft Windows, but didn't. By a strange coincidence I was recognized as the author of a windows utility back in 2004 - almost ten years ago now - on Hacker News. Guess I made the right choice.
I'm going to spend a while working on my slaughter documentation in the next week or two, although "the definitive guide" is a great starting point.
"Yes, this is dog" - Landscape in The Mist (1984).