Call for testing on Mitsubishi printers
In the past I've written about the particularly poor level of support for Mitsubishi printers under Linux. In the past couple of months, that has changed substantially, although not due to any action or assistance on Mitsubishi's part.
Gutenprint 5.2.11 had usable support for the CP-9550DW and CP-9550DW-S models, including an intelligent backend that handled the printer communications. However, the rest of the CP-9xxx family wasn't supported.
The 5.2.12 release of Gutenprint will support most of the CP-9xxx family. This includes a considerable amount of work on the backend, genericizing it so that the other models can be cleanly handled. This was a rather disruptive change, so it's possible the formerly-working CP-9550 family has regressed. Beyond that, the newly-supported models need testing to confirm everything functions as expected.
Here is the list of all models affected by this development:
- CP-9550DW (previously working, needs retesting)
- CP-9550DW-S (previously working, needs retesting)
- CP-9800DW-S (confirmed working!)
Also, I still need testers for the following models:
- DNP DS80DX
- Sony UP-CR10L (aka DNP DS-SL10)
- Mitsubishi CP-D70DW, CP-D707DW, CP-D80DW, and CP-D90DW (plus their -S variants!)
- Fujifilm ASK-300
- Sinfonia CHC-S1245/E1 and CHC-S6245/CE1
- Kodak 7000, 7010, 7015, and 8810
If anyone reading this has access to one or more of these printers, please drop me a line!