Well, I've released version 0.2.1 of my StreamModule system and posted up some jobs on SourceForge. I got so many responses on my offer to help people learn C++ if they'd work on my project that I've taken down that posting for a bit, hoping that at least a few of the responses work out.
Lots of ideas about what to do next for StreamModule. My next class will be RouterModule which will take an incoming packet and route it to an arbitrary set of destinations based on an external set of rules.
Also needed are:
- A timer mechanism
- making the dispatcher thread safe
- a signal handling mechanism
- a signal based timer mechanism
- a better telnet client that handles line mode
- a telnet server that handles line mode (maybe the same as the client as telnet is technically a P2P protocol
- an XML parser module the uses a SAX based parser to get the real work done
- Some handlers for other Internet protocols like SMTP, NNTP, and HTTP
- Replacement of EHNet++ with a library based on a version of adns with my UNIEvent stuff put on top
- An inter-thread queue module as well as making the RefCounting class threadsafe