Have been continuing to work on the rhythmbox backend for dashboard. Nat has put up a list of backends, but this isn't on it yet, oh well. It is getting quite mature now - all I have to do is go through it and fix of the cruft I have put in due to not knowing anything about programming in mono.
Current features are ...
- Shows currently playing track with metadata from rhythmbox
- Shows last ten played tracks in a list.
- Artist and album are clickable and take you to 'allmusic.com' entries.
- Thats it
- Clicking on track should play it in rb. Bit difficult that one.
- Access to rhythmbox metadata should be via a (mythical) rhythmbox backend, so it would not take 15 seconds to load the 59000 entries that I have in the metadata.
- Wish I could program in mono!