From tomorrow, Catherine and I are on holiday. We're off to Skye, where we intend to do very little. We've both got a bunch of books to read (some novels, some trust and p2p related books, and some MBA coursework for me - not sure what Catherine's got), and we'll go outside if it's not too horrid.
One of the sets of people who were flooded out are staying in our house and looking after the cats, which is great, so we don't need to worry about that - or evil Badvogato people looking at this entry and deciding to find out where we live and taunt the feline population.
PhD preparation is going well, and I'm pleased to see people responding to my article (see the front page of Advogato, peeps). I'll check things out when I'm back. It's really wierd knowing that I'm going to miss people's diary entries - I've become so used to reading them over the past few weeks. Issues for PhD:
- find a university and college (done)
- work out what I want to study (pretty much done)
- get references (got several)
- find a supervisor (found two)
- write a proposal (not the slightest bit done - haven't even got a clue how)
- get funding (looking into this)
- submit proposal (see above)
See you soon, folks.