Carpal tunnel syndrom gone now, after 1.5 weeks of not touching keyboards. Spent most of the time relaxing and reading Cryptomonicon again, and Robert Asprin.
As for comments on some planetsuse.org posts, Seb:
- openSUSE should be seen as "opening SUSE developement to the community" which is probably the best fitting way to describe it.
- package management: You consider this easy to change, but it is not. Changing the package management is a very big effort.
However you might be enlightened to hear that we will be supporting YUM repositories.
- the ilove rnotify kernel is no longer necessary, all is in mainline now and will be in 10.0.
- As for your suggestions on the development model, just hold your breath.
- SuSE is SUSE is suse is SUSE is SuSE....