This is my first diary entry..... though I've been following the Linux effort for a while. I am not much of an open source developer, as I spend most of my time doing proprietary code for Massively Multiplayer Online Games, such as Ultima Online and Sovereign. So, mostly I lurk.
Some tremendously cool projects you already know about, that are currently interesting to me:
- SDL rules for writing game front-ends. As I mostly work on game server code, I like toying with SDL as a break from my usual. Nothing worth sharing yet, though.
- Guile is a tremendously cool extension utility/language. If you're wondering about extending your application with a scripting language, check Guile out, it's a great head-start, and being actively maintained.
- Crystal Space is coming along very nicely!
- Evolution is very useable already... Ximian are doing great things.
- Mozilla rocks. Although, its form cut and paste is really irritating today. I like the nightly builds too much, perhaps.
Well, that's it for now... back to work!