Did a final round on the GtkAction updates. Things look reasonable and went in this evening. We can now do useful things like
- Get global notification before and after an action
- Change visibility or sensitivity for entire groups
- Avoid notification of an activation when opening submenus
- Share more of the proxy connection mechanism for custom toolitems
- Added an install-time kludge to gnome-icon-theme to validate that the base hicolor theme was installed. Then wasted 2 hours fighting automake before realizing that docs for 1.7 do not help much when you are running 1.4 ...
- GtkAction vs accelerator. Something odd happened in gnumeric. None of the accelerators for toolbar items worked. After some poking it turned out that only menu items received accelerators. We could work around it by adding an explicit <accelerator> which seems ugly. A bit more discussion on the nature of accelerators led me to belive that all active actions should have their accelerators enabled, whether they are visible or not.
- Warning when an icon theme lookup fails and hicolor is not installed Signature changes for add_widget, and activate signals.
- Addition of indent/outdent stock icons