There is something so stubborn about developers (you know, the part where you stay up until dawn just to get that one thing working). Anyway, I got the changes to DarachWiki done and should be able to remove the last references to the Jakarta regular expression library sometime tomorrow (after I wake up).
I've migrated all the formatting stuff to use the JDK 1.4 regular expressions package and everything seems to be working OK.
I've also changed the way that formatters work: they used to be classes that were compiled into the package. Now I've split them off to be JavaBeans so that I can serialize them and make a repository. I just have to figure out what to do with the ones that need context for their formatting.
OK, I got the Jakarta stuff removed from DarachWiki today. I replaced it with an interface and a factory. I hope this works out better. It sure has cleaned things up.
I'm going to tackle the page persistence issues next. I have to consolidate the two methods of persistence (PageStores and the plain Hashtable from the context) and make the move from Hashtable to PageStore.