8 Jul 2001
(updated 9 Jul 2001 at 03:16 UTC) »
There is something so stubborn about developers (you
know, the part where you stay up until dawn just
to get that one thing working). Anyway, I got the
changes to DarachWiki done
and should be able
to remove the last references to the Jakarta regular
expression library sometime tomorrow (after I wake up).
I've migrated all the formatting stuff to use the JDK
1.4 regular expressions package and everything seems to be
I've also changed the way that formatters work: they
used to be classes that were compiled into the package. Now
I've split them off to be JavaBeans so that I can serialize
them and make a repository. I just have to figure out what
to do with the ones that need context for their
OK, I got the Jakarta stuff removed from
DarachWiki today. I replaced it with an
interface and a factory. I hope this works out better. It
sure has cleaned things up.
I'm going to tackle the page persistence issues next. I
have to consolidate the two methods of persistence
(PageStores and the plain Hashtable from the context) and
make the move from Hashtable to PageStore.