Slow Riot For New Zer0 Kanada:
- FINISHED. IT IS DONE!. 9935 words, and it was handed in 10minutes early too. I RULE! Not doing anything university related until Monday nightish.
- Maybe Tuesday or Wedensday
- Definitly by Thursday I'll have started something
- Just read the Metallica anti-napster thing. Agree with most of it, because after all, it's still stealing, no matter
how many different layers of sugary coating you put over the top of it. The one single thing that struck me
though...in a funny way.
"It is therefore sickening to know that our art is being traded like a commodity rather than the art that it is."
What he really means is "It is therefore sickening to know that our art is being traded like a commodity by people other than our record company, rather than the art it is."
All music is a commodity to record companies, to be bought and sold at will. Still glad to see Jonnyboy Katz can still write shit, and manage to stir up the /. crowd to pull their hypocritical weight around again. Yeah, 2000 /.ers flooding the Metallica chat to complain. Yeah, like the chatroom isn't going to be +m
- Still staying on the music front (hey, it means a lot to me, I think) I went CD shopping as a "Congratulations
getting your report done, Iain" treat. "So Iain", I hear you all cry, "What did you buy?". Well.
- Slow Riot For New Zer0 Kanada - Godspeed You Black Emporer
- Mogwai Fear Satan (remixes) - Mogwai
- Dirge - Death In Vegas
Godspeed was chillingly beautiful. Alasdair described it as morbid and depressing, yet listening to it I could help but think it was so pretty and couldn't really find anything in it that was depressing, just pretty noise that fills the world. I thought it was the sounds that the whole world should hear, so I turned it up and opened the windows, to let the music soar in an incredibly pretentious sounding mannor. I really think it needs a powerful stereo for it, my little one isn't going to do it justice. Oh well, I'll have to use Alasdairs...
- Going out to see "People Under The Stairs" tonight. Dunno what they're like, I only heard a 40second clip.
- Managed to get Linux to OOPS this morning when I disconnected from da 'net. Dunno what happened, probably something with PPPD and 2.3.99-pre5
- Martin says he's got GNU Emacs to run with Gnomacs....must give this a try.