No, I'm not getting lazy, I just went to ground for awhile, working on my new idea of "skins" for a Java applet. Bottom line is, it's doable. I know how to break up big images into parts now (it's not hard, use java.awt.image.PixelGrabber and hunt though a big array of ints), and I'm setting off on recoding the applet so it'll play nice with 0.9 and use skins in its UI. (It gets a lot of the parameters, such as the skin names, from an XML file. Why not? I've already got the parser, haven't I, as part of JECI? And an applet can load an XML file via HTTP as easily as an image.) It keeps the applet parameters from getting too crowded :-).
Yesterday, my broker faxed me a bunch of letters relating to the exercise of my options. Today, I got all those letters signed and sent to the appropriate people. This now "arms" the transaction, so it can happen whenever I give the word. I can just imagine it coming up on the screen like in WarGames:
TIME ON TARGET SEQUENCING...COMPLETE
CHANGES LOCKED OUT
MISSILES ARMED AND READY
Now all I have to do is pull the trigger, so to speak :-). Have to talk to him about how much flexibility I have...but I don't want to go past the 30th or so.
There's a small gathering going on on #jabber; Jer had some notes related to icq-t and 0.9pre4 that he wanted to talk to me about. Periodically, I'm shading Netscape to look at the X-Chat window, to see if he's finished with his latest bug hunt yet...