One year in review
I didn't blogged for a year precisely. No I didn't hide in a hole or something but I just didn't really feel the need. I still did a few things:
- the libvirt project is my main work item, 15 releases in the last year, now supports QEmu and KVM, many contributors and well people are using it, so that's good.
- the libxml2 and libxslt libraries have seen their development slowing down, partly because they are mature enough, partly because I have less time, and Kasimier one of the main contributor lost his job and left the project. But Bill is still around and helps a lot !
- travelling, I had the opportunity to travel for work and also for vacations, went to Singapore twice, also Malaysia, had some fantastic time in Borneo, visited Bangkok, but didn't like Manilla too much. Also spent some vacations in Costa Rica, and went to USA and Canada for work. I really enjoy going to Asia and meet people there.
- I am getting crazy about orchids, my collection is growing fast, maybe a bit too fast, but I'm rewarded by fantastic flowers, and I'm trying more and more to travel to places where I can see them growing in their natural habitat, unfortunately they are seriously endangered, and it can be fairly hard to still find them in the wild.
- I also went to badminton training again this year but competition is really getting a bit too hard, and my body disagrees at time, I think I will slow this down a bit next year.
Overall quite a bit happened but no revolution, the most scary thing is that time flies faster and faster, so no promise about increase of blogging frequency !