25 Feb 2005 Creslin   » (Journeyer)

Finally fixed the MWI speed on Q.SIG. Apparently I was waiting for the other end to send a RELEASE message after the NCAS connection was started and I should have been sending the RELEASE. So I changed it, and it worked. Nasty little problem, I didn't even think that it would have anything to do with the message order.

Other than that, I have been of late working on writing some software that tunes the impedance setting on the SI3020 analog line part. It's been interesting learning about how to do data analysis on the line to find out in the application which setting is actually the best. If anybody has any experience in this, hit me up :-)

I've also started looking into what it would take to write an SS7 stack for Asterisk. SS7 is the de facto signaling standard for the telecommunications backbones of the world and apparently a lot of people are interested in getting native SS7 support into Asterisk. It's funny how similar (functionally) SS7 is to the internet and it's major protocol, TCP/IP. I can see why there's a lot of effort put forth to moving the lower layers of the SS7 protocol suite to TCP/IP.

Latest blog entries     Older blog entries

New Advogato Features

New HTML Parser: The long-awaited libxml2 based HTML parser code is live. It needs further work but already handles most markup better than the original parser.

Keep up with the latest Advogato features by reading the Advogato status blog.

If you're a C programmer with some spare time, take a look at the mod_virgule project page and help us with one of the tasks on the ToDo list!