I seem to always wait a long time between updates, no? :-) For all of you out there that wondered, I'm still alive. I'm still working at Digium, doing development on Asterisk/libpri/zaptel. Of late, I've mostly been doing developement on libpri - the opensource PRI/PRA stack that Mark wrote. It's fairly comprehensive with basic PRI features, but a lot of the more intricate and advanced features (2 bchannel transfer, Calling name over facility, etc) have been missing due to the different format in which they are sent. Instead of them being encoded in some binary-flagged information element, they use a special information element that is used for transport of generic information called a facility information element. So anyway, I got a lot of that done, and now am working to merge it back into the standard libpri tree.
I guess my latest (new) project has been writing a program that does analysis on a telephone line for echo and auto-tuning of a line interface based on the analysis data received on the line. It's on a FXO line interface card and it uses one of the Silicon labs chips for talking to the line. At first I was working on just tuning the onboard echo canceller coefficients but I learned that I should be doing tuning of AC impedance first and worry about the echo canceller later. Now I just need to test it some more.