My attepmt to get my PC to show the modem status lights was a dismal failure.
Earthlink's stupid dialler ate the modem status indicator a long time ago. I've been poking around Windows innards trying to find what was changed.
Last night I got the lights to display once. Just once. They never came back again. I've tried to recreate what I did so I can figure out what needs to be fixed.
Tonight I gave up. I wiped out all the dialup networking files I could find and reinstalled windows hoping that wiping out the registry and dumping new files might work.
Nope. Didn't work. Something was changed that lasts past a reinstall, and I don't know what the heck it is.
I've searched the internet for solutions, but there isn't a solution to be found.
Anyone with ideas or even better a solution should email me