I still can't remember my advogato password, but I finally fetched my cookie from an old backup and changed it to expire some time next millenium.
Random observations from the last half-year, in no particular order:
- My first annual colonoscopy was clean -- yay me!
- Plone conference was a lot of fun, though my ZPT talk was excessively rambly and probably unhelpful. Meeting with ChrisMcDonough and the Plone folks was a blast, and my wife and I spent way too much money on good New Orleans food and souvenirs.
- Zope 2.7 rocks, and I continue to fix bugs and add small features regularly.
- I'm finally getting around to a major refactor/rewrite of my ZPT code, properly incorporating sub-path prefixes.
- My sister is now into DDR. I gave her the old Playstation and PS1 DDR disc that have been collecting dust ever since I found StepMania.
- Dirvish has finally got me doing regular, useful backups of all of my important data and configurations.
- I almost had to use my backups when my Rackspace-hosted server started stuttering heavily on a bad sector. With a lot of help from their "fanatical support" technicians, I was able to get everything transferred to a new drive and working in less than a day.
- I violated the "if it seems too good to be true, it probably is" rule by buying several pieces of jewelry from an ebay store at prices an order of magnitude below what I could find elsewhere. They arrived, and appear to be as-advertised, so I'm not sure what to think.