The program for CodeCon 2004 has been announced.
CodeCon is the premier showcase of active hacker projects. It is a
workshop for developers of real-world applications with working code and
active development projects. All presentations will given by one of the
active developers, and accompanied by a functional demo.
Highlights of CodeCon 2004 include:
- PGP Universal - Automatic, transparent email encryption with zero clicks
- Osiris - A free Host Integrity Monitor designed for large scale
server deployments that require auditable security
- Tor - Second-generation Onion Routing: a TCP-based anonymizing
- Vesta - An advanced software configuration management system that
handles both versioning source files and building
- PETmail - Permission-based anti-spam replacement for SMTP
- FunFS - Fast User Network File System - An advanced network file
system designed as a successor for NFS
- Codeville - Distributed version control system
- Audacity - A cross-platform multi-track audio editor
The third annual CodeCon takes place February 20 - 22, noon - 6pm, at Club
NV (525 Howard Street) in San Francisco. CodeCon registration is $95; a
$20 discount is available for attendees who register online prior to
February 1, 2004.